For immediate use
UNC Classes remain canceled, offices closed until 11 a.m. Wednesday
Classes resume, offices open at 11 a.m. Wednesday
(Chapel Hill, N.C. – Feb. 18, 2015) – UNC classes will remain cancelled from 8 a.m. until 11 a.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 18, 2015. The normal class schedule will resume at 11 a.m. Offices are closed until 11 a.m. Offices will fully reopen on a regular schedule at 11 a.m. on Wednesday
For Students and Faculty
Classes will remain cancelled from 8 a.m. until 11 a.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 18, 2015. Classes prior to 11 a.m. Wednesday will not be held. Arrangements to make up missed classes are at the discretion of the faculty member. (Condition 3)
The normal class schedule will resume at 11 a.m. (Condition 1)
Offices are closed (Condition 3) until 11 a.m.
Offices will fully reopen on a regular schedule at 11 a.m. on Wednesday (Condition 1).
Factors Leading to Today’s Decision:
- Limited Chapel Hill Transit service for early morning routes.
- Continuing hazardous conditions on secondary roads.
- Significant refreezing on campus sidewalks and parking lots.
Please continue to check the University’s homepage, www.unc.edu, for updates about University operations, along with the information sources listed below.
Employees (SPA and EPA non-faculty) are reminded of the University’s Adverse Weather Policy. See the Adverse Weather Policy Clarification for Employees for additional information.
UNC uses three main adverse weather operating conditions: Condition 1 (open), Condition 2 (classes canceled; University has suspended non-mandatory operations; offices are open and non-mandatory employees should report to work if possible) or Condition 3 (classes canceled; offices closed). Reports of state government closings do not apply to the University. The University generally announces adverse weather news on www.unc.edu, the campus information sources listed below, and through the news media. Unless a change is announced, the University always operates under Condition 1 – regular schedule.
Other Information Sources
- Alert Carolina website, alertcarolina.unc.edu, and Alert Carolina informational emails.
- (919) 843-1234. Adverse Weather and Emergency Phone Line for recorded information and announcements about campus operations.
- UNC Traveler’s Information System Radio, 1610 AM, near campus.
- UNC Department of Public Safety for details including parking lot conditions.
- Chapel Hill Transit inclement weather news and routes and schedules.
– Carolina –
Contact: Communications and Public Affairs, (919) 962-2091 (main office number); 216-2584 (on-call pager)